Friday, September 14, 2007

Choosing Happiness

I woke up at 3:45 AM with a strong feeling to write about our responsibility for our own happiness. I have allowed victimhood in my life to reign for a long time. No more. After months and years of figuring out that my powersource stems from within, I finally get it. And from that inner source, comes a gift. It is an awareness that I self create, that I am self-governed, that I am responsible for being happy and feeling good moment by moment. What a freakin' freeing realization when I finally got it. And wow....how long it took. I was letting outside circumstances and my surrounding environment, and folks who left me feeling completely depleated and emotionally drained (I call them energy vampires) saturate my life. YUCK!

I am most happy when I'm doing creative work that inspires others. It happens at my store every day with the customers I encounter.....super fun and quite the gift all the characters I run into...more about that later.

About 3 weeks ago, I was enticed to join up with a networking company that was selling a health food drink that I thought I could maybe sell. I was hesitant and went along with the rap of the two players that were working me into a spell. They worked me from the 'we're so cool, our group is so progressive and community oriented and COOL...come join us and be COOL, too...' I got sucked in enough to buy a case of their product even tho I had lots of questions about it. The one main guy seemed defensive with my digging about product content and information...RED FLAG....I kept setting up to be a part of 'the COOL group' and was prepared for my 3rd orientation conference call. I waited for the phone to ring and it didn't. Checked email later and there was one there that said they lost my number. I emailed it back a few emails actually. Well, I never heard from them again. The day before that call I ordered, YOUR PORTABLE EMPIRE, by Pat OBryan....thinking his concept sounded inticing and intriguing.

After a few more emails to the 'Cool group' and no responses back, I started to get the feeling they felt I wasn't quite cool enough for their group. This is so funny to me. At the same time, Pat's book arrives Thursday. I read it cover to cover Friday...get very pumped over the weekend over it. I start a blog Monday. Monday nite I get on "Second Life" and chat with a few of the members of Pat's Portable Empire University and I even talk to Pat....how fabulous to chat with the author of a book I just inhaled two days earlier...he was laid back, approachable and actually authentically cool! As opposed to the hip network marketers who had a false or fake cool energy about them.

Now, everything is flowing...ideas, projects, all in the vein of Pat OBryan's Portable Empire. I realize, when I let go of the 'cool group'/ network marketing idea for bringing in more income, and turned my focus to the Portable Empire University and actually joined it, the Universe was showing me contrast. The contrast was that network marketing did not feel good to me in my inner core source of power and the Portable Empire University did.

So now on to the creative projects and the support from PEU which is a way more cool and informative and inspiring community...Pat attracts the best...I'm supposed to be right where I am now...I can feel it and it feels real good right now in the moment...as it should every moment of the day....all right!

Siouxz from Lake City
FEEL GOOD NOW

No comments: